.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 29, 2005

 

Deodorant Quandry Answered

So I asked my CEIBS contact, Tyrell, if he saw the irony in saying that censorship isn't as bad as its made out to be, then following that by saying the entire blogspot.com domain is banned. Also, the deodorant question:
Did you say irony? Ha ha, I don't know what you mean. China is such a
strange place that normal levels of irony no longer register.

As for the deoderant question: Chinese people don't really use it, and
the puzzling thing is that they don't seem to need it, either. Lower
levels of sweat, I guess. When I first moved to Taiwan, I went into a
drug store looking for deoderant and they pointed me to a couple of
sticks gathering dust on a back shelf. And Taiwan, unlike China, is
pretty advanced when it comes to personal hygiene.
Quote of the day: "Tough like the ukulele." - Dr. Octagon


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?