.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

 

It's Official. Columbia Can Suck It.

Got the official denial from Columbia in the form of a very vague "Your application status has been updated. Please log on for more info" email. Regardless, no real surprise here and chances are I wouldn't have gone despite its higher ranking. Yay for no $120k+ student loans, though. I really appreciated their very prompt (12 weeks!) reply.

Regardless, I am starting to assemble a "to do" list which is already 20 items long. One including going to the doctor for a health examination for the student Visa. This should be easy except I haven't been to a doctor in years. So not such a bad idea. Although, I fear what Doc might find ("You have the arteries of Fat Albert after a marathon 36 hour White Castle binge!").

And it's soft-shelled crab season. Added to the list.

I've also had my first encounter with Chinese internet censorship (and I'm not even there yet!). I've been talking to a recent CEIBS graduate and asking all sorts of questions, including one along the lines of "How much does the censorship suck in China?" He replied that for the most part, it's overblown by the 'Western Media' and that sites I thought were blocked, like cnn.com and nytimes.com, were actually accessable 95% of the time. Then, without irony (and I'm not poking fun, just thought it was humorous), he says that he wouldn't be able to access my blog because China has banned the entire blogspot.com domain! Which is funny, but also poses the question, how will I update this blog if its banned by the CCP? Apparently, there are ways around this (something called proxy servers, I plead ignorance on what this is exactly). Anyway, you can read Tyrrell's Business Week MBA Journal, 7 entries total, here.

I still owe you pictures of the Canature BBQ Grill, I know you can't wait, and CEIBS 4-week Pre-Course details. One final triumph, my computer fixed itself yesterday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?