.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 26, 2005

 

Travel Planning

Doctor’s appointment is set. With a Mikhail A Fuks, MD, across the street from my office. Does it get more convenient than that? Not only can I get pizza from 4 different proprietors within 100 feet of the building, but I can also get my haircut, a suit, mobile phone, and a health exam! Somtimes I wonder what I'm doing leaving here... And I hope the doctor isn’t scared by the “Physical Examination Record for Foreigner” that is full of both English and Chinese characters.

Also, been looking for a hotel for my one night stay before I go to register at school (I will probably be landing in Shanghai around 6:30PM, after the school administrative office close). Besides the fact that the names of areas like Haui Hai, Huangpu District, Jin An mean nothing to me (much like Chelsea or the West End in London), there are so many hotels I have no idea whether to go old-style (from the 1900-1940s) or brand spanking new billion dollar hotel. They even have a Howard Johnson!

If you’re planning a trip, definitely go to ctrip.com over hotels.com. Ctrip shows many more hotels and at far better prices. I should have no problem finding a 3-star hotel for a Thursday night at US$50.

And while I take off one item from my To Do List, I must add another, obtain health insurance. D'oh!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?