.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 28, 2005

 

Random Baiyunyuan Notes & Aussie Barbie

Some random notes I wrote down during the trip last Monday
Just now, we came back from an all you can eat Australian BBQ. It was heaven. 80RMB (US$10) for sirloin steak, filet mignon, sausages, chicken, ribeye steaks, lamb chops, and vegetables. Oh, and that included one free drink. Of course, these are no NY Steakhouse cuts, but hell, you have to be thankful for getting any meat that is too big to hold with chopsticks here.

Not that I'm really complaining, because it really is great here. Just... ah... different.

Oh, and I think I'm now used to coming within inches of my life during every cab ride. I've even started to goad drivers to go faster. This will probably be my undoing.

One more thing! At Lion's Bar, a small little pub-like place near the school and our new favorite place, we were introduced to a new and apparently very typical Chinese drink. Chivas Regal mixed with bottled green tea and ice. It was actually pretty damn good, give it a shot if you're adventerous and can find bottled green tea. Or if you're just an alcoholic looking to introduce more antioxidants into your diet.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?