.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 04, 2005

 

Why Bank of America Sucks!

So I go to the Shanghai branch of Bank of America, which is the US bank where I have my checking account still. I needed to get money since my wire transfer hasn't yet appeared in my local China Merchants Bank account. I've tried taking out money from my BoA account but there is a problem. All the PIN numbers at ATM machines in China have to be at most 6 digits. And, of course, mine is 7! So the local ATM here gave me an invalid PIN error. Fine, BoA must let me at least change my PIN to a 6 digit one. After wandering around Nanjing Lu for about an hour, I finally find the place and make a bee line for the ATM (you end up making lots of bee lines in China, it seems). 6 digit PINs only!!! So I go over to an employee and basically they tell me to call BoA in the US. Kindly, they let me use their phone. After navigating various menus I'm transferred to a BoA Associate, except one of the biggest banks in the world only has customer service hours from 7am-12midnight and of course was closed! Argh.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?