.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

 

First Days of Class and I Remember Why I Preferred the Working World

First two days of class have now come and gone. The schedule of classes seems to be a bit random, though, and I'm not quite sure how long it will take to get used to. Monday and Thursday are the same, but that's it, and only so for the first couple of weeks. The entire 180 person class is divided into groups of about 60 and we all will be in the same classes with that section. First up for Section II on Monday was Statistics (what a way to start a monday morning!), Marketing, lunch, then an afternoon of Business Communications (writing reports, doing presentations, etc, this one is only 2 weeks long and pretty intense as a result). So this is 6 hours of class plus 1.5 hours of Chinese after that. Today was even worse, 8:40 start and an 9PM finish. The Secretary General of the EU equivalent to Condelezza Rice, apparently) came to school today and that just extended the whole day to be way too long.

And I remembered why I preferred the working world to school, I can stop for dinner when I need it at work! It is now 10PM and I just got back from having dinner after a 6 hour marathon afternoon/dinner session. Literally, Financial Accounting from 1:30 to 4:50, then Chinese class from 5 to 6:30, then Organizational Behavior from 6:40 to 8:30. THEN, group meetings!! And its only the second day!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?